Development within the automotive industry
A look into the automotive future
Research and development have been one of the main pillars of AED Vantage since its inception and is an expression of our proactive approach to developing how today’s mobility could evolve and revolutionize. Future-oriented vehicle technologies such as CASE (Connected, Autonomous, Shared & Electrified) are increasingly entering the market and require new engineering expertise.
The acquisition of know-how thanks to innovation projects leads us to be able to offer our customers more efficient solutions with cutting-edge technology.
Ultra wideband technology (UWB)
We are currently developing Passive Entry and Passive Start Systems (PEPS), Passive Keyless Entry (PKE) and Phone as Key Systems (PaK) (iPhone/Android). As a member of the Car Connectivity Consortium, we are committed to creating a standardised ecosystem for phone-as-a-key solutions.
- Near Field Communication (NFC).
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE).
- Voice recognition.
- Phone as a Key (iPhone/Android).
Other access systems
- Drive-through services.
- Valet Parking.
- Apple AirDrop.
- And much more.
UWB technology is ideal for locating objects or people thanks to security at the PHY layer level (protection against relay attacks) and precise accuracy (~ 10cm)
EnSo: Development of a precise indoor localization and communication system for wireless sensors. More info
Another Localization emerging technology used at AED Vantage is the BLE 5.2 which allows localization of the key FOB for car access.
Thanks to short time-domain transients, UWB enables precise radar measurements and can thus be used, for example, in passenger detection systems.
- Low power consumption
- Good penetration skills (body, walls, clothing, plastic, etc.)
Silicon on insulator technology (SOI)
Preferred hub for sub-6GHz wireless front-end implementation with the potential to integrate future mm-Wave 5G smartphones.
- Advanced LTE-RF components
- High analog and HR performance with low compute density requirements
- Low cost
FD-SOI is the mm-Wave application standard and transforms HR, analog and digital capabilities into system-on-chip concepts thanks to Its high integration potential.
- Very high cut-off frequencies with smaller device dimensions
- Switching functions at very high frequencies (>100 GHz).
Communication / Network
Digitalization and new modern driving functions such as autonomous driving are raising the bar for communication standards within the automotive industry, but at the same time opening up new possibilities. Interfaces for cameras, sensors, displays and other components play an important role in new automotive capabilities. An example of this would be object recognition for autonomous driving. Videos from a front camera must be transmitted in real time and send an emergency signal in the event of an emergency signal, because any interruption represents an alarming security gap. When transmitting this data, SerDes technology as well as High Speed Ethernet / automotive ethernet is widely used.
Currently, we are involved in the field of communication / network in the research of various technologies and projects.
High speed ethernet / automotive ethernet
- MGBASE-T1 Communication
(10Gbps/ 5 Gbps / 2.5 Gbps)
- MGBASE-T ethernet (10Gbps /
and copper cabling
- USB to BroadR-Reach-Dongle-
- FPD-Link III + FPD-Link IV
- GMSL2 + GMSL3
- ASA Motion Link
- Serdes Logging Adapter + HiL Framework. More info
- CMSCam: Development of a demonstrator for a cabin monitoring system.
Time Sensitive Network (TSN)
TSN offers the reliable IEEE802.1Q standard technology for time-and safety-relevant applications in the automotive sector.
- Delia: Development of communication systems with high data rates and low latency. More info
Autonomous driving is a prime example of how difficult it can be to bring autonomous systems to the road. We are working on application-specific solutions and concepts to drive the market launch of reliable autonomous systems.
- Maschine Learning
- Open CV
- Robot Operating System (ROS)
AuRoRoll: Autonomous Robotik Rollstuhl. More info
Educational programs at universities
- Practice partner of the Polytechnic University of Cartagena (UPCT)
- Establishment of an appropriate course at the UPCT
- Practice partner of the University of Murcia
- Sponsoring of the TUfast Racingteam of the TU Munich